PENNINE LANCASHIRE HOUSING PARTNERSHIP
The Pennine Lancashire Housing Partnership was established in January 2010, formalising years of existing partnership work in the sub-region.
The Partnership comprises local authorities, housing organisations and a range of other stakeholders that have an interest in influencing policy and maximising resources to meet the housing related needs of the area. Its role is to provide the direction and delivery of the Pennine Lancashire Housing Strategy and Local Investment Plan.
In March 2010, the area’s first Local Investment Agreement 2010/11 was signed with the Homes and Communities Agency (HCA). A Local Investment Plan for 2011/14 is being developed which will identify housing investment priorities for Pennine Lancashire, aligned with key economic and transport priorities.
David Welsby, Managing Director of Hyndburn Council Chairs the meeting on behalf of PLACE.
Membership of the group:
- Local Authority representatives
- Regenerate Pennine Lancashire
- Homes and Communities Agency
- North West Development Agency
- Government Office North West
- Registered Providers mainstream representative (Harvest Housing and Great Places)
- Registered Providers ALMO representative (Twin Valley Homes)
- Private Sector representatives.
The Partnership meets four times each year and minutes of the meetings are available on this website.